What is a CTV Agency?
Connected TV advertising has evolved impeccably over the last five years. The sustainability of the inclining growth chart is accredited to the service of a CTV agency like Keynes Digital. A CTV agency is the regulating body behind the most successful brand advertising campaigns. From tracking growth analytics to extracting future ad policies and sustaining the creativity of a TV commercial, CTV advertising companies have got you sorted out.
Why Choose a CTV Agency?
The horizon of CTV advertising is so broad that one has to master maximum tactics to maintain a consistent viewer count of millions. These points are how a CTV agency helps you achieve your goals and find your audience.:
- CTV agencies have the expertise and experience to help you navigate the complex world of CTV advertising. You will target cord-cutters who are not reached through conventional linear advertising. CTV ensures to target the right age groups required for your brand.
- CTV agencies have access to the latest data and insights on CTV audiences. This data can help you create more effective ad campaigns. Connected TV ads catch your audience on the right Connected TV devices at the right time.
- CTV agencies can help you save time and money by managing your CTV advertising campaigns. You can display individualized ads through the same app, device, or video streaming on CTV advertising. CTV advertising is all about custom-curated brand slogans and goals embedded in the TV commercials viewed by their ultimate target audience.
Keynes Digital – Your Full-Service CTV Agency
At Keynes, we are your expert full-service Connected TV partner. Our experienced professionals help you with every aspect of your CTV advertising campaign, from planning and strategy to buying and placement to creative development, measurement, and reporting.
We deal in customized advertising campaigns for every brand. Our specialty is curating your goals and incentives into real-time ad campaigns. Keynes leaves no stone unturned, from tracking your brand’s growth stats, organizing new campaigns, measuring metrics, and incorporating existing succeeding points for future betterment. We understand the complex world of CTV advertising and are committed to helping you reach your target audiences and achieve your advertising goals.
What Services Do CTV Agencies Offer?
CTV agencies offer endless services, including:
- Planning and strategy: CTV agencies can help you develop a CTV advertising strategy that meets your specific goals.
- Buying and placement: CTV agencies can help you buy CTV ad inventory and place your ads in the most effective locations.
- Creative development: CTV agencies can help you develop creative CTV ads that capture attention and drive results.
- Measurement and reporting: CTV agencies can help you measure the results of your CTV advertising campaigns and track your ROI.
How to Choose a CTV Agency
When choosing a CTV agency, there are several factors you should consider, including:
- Experience: Choose an agency with experience in CTV advertising.
- Expertise: Choose an agency with expertise in your industry.
- Data and insights: Choose an agency with access to the latest data and insights on CTV audiences.
- Services: Choose an agency that offers the services you need and is transparent about the behind-the-scenes of your campaigns and business.
- Reputation: Choose an agency with a good reputation.
Learn More – What Is Connected TV?
Connected TV Definition
Any device connected to an internet service directly or indirectly hosting a variety of CTV channels is a CTV. CTV device examples include gaming consoles, smart TV, smartphones, etc.CTV is the evolved version of a linear TV that requires a cable or satellite connection and hosts pre-casted entertainment programs only. With CTV, you can browse any channel or OTT without disruption!
CTV platforms are Connected TV devices with an embedded internet:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
Growth of CTV
The inception of the CTV era has taken the video-streaming world by storm with its ecstatic growth over the last few years. CTV is everywhere and is used by everyone in the current aura of digital drift. Two years back, the audience count was somewhere around 164 million views. And by the end of 2022, it has already surpassed 200 million views in the US. Similarly, the victorious growth of CTV usage is followed in France, Germany, China, Japan, etc.
Moreover, the revised user controls over CTV content streaming have opened a new universe of possibilities for marketers. Viewers possess the autonomy of choice in content consumption, whether streaming assets or TV commercials.
CTV vs OTT
What is CTV? CTV is a device with an internet connection to host OTT platforms.
What is OTT? OTT or Over The Top is the premium content displayed over a CTV. The two terms are often correlated, yet distinct in some ways while identical in others. Here is more about OTT vs CTV facts are split below:
- OTT is the streaming service, while CTV is a streaming device.
- OTT can be any premium streaming network platform such as Hulu, Netflix, Peacock, HBO Max, or Disney+. In contrast, CTV can be any smart device such as Smart TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, Roku, Xbox, etc.
- OTT advertising involves posting ads before, after, or during video streaming. On the contrary, CTV advertising is all about ads posted on different apps used by the target audience.
In a nutshell, CTV is a TV ad-supporting technology, and OTT is software with content streaming hosts!
Benefits of OTT/CTV
- Most ads gain full viewership till the end with 100% viewability
- Ads can be displayed on your brand’s demand in your chosen time frame to a specific audience
- Have a higher efficacy in reaching cord-cutters who avoid conventional means of content viewership
- Maximum outreach while targeting the required age groups (Millennials, Gen Z, Gen X)
- Quantitatively measurable (Track your audiences insights across various platforms)
- Maximum output of your marketing investment
Over The Top content or premium video streaming is hosted entirely on Connected TV devices. Almost all OTT services require a paid subscription to view premium content.
A CTV agency handles Connected TV ads through CTV devices and their trackable outcomes, similar to an OTT agency. Thus, CTV advertising agency or OTT agency are interchangeable terms. For instance, Keynes is a fully functional CTV or OTT marketing agency having a knack for designing and running innovative ad campaigns for most media platforms.
How OTT Marketing Works?
Over-the-top marketing works through four important channels tackled by any promising OTT agency or CTV agency. These are:
- Advertising-Based Video On Demand (AVOD): Content is viewed free of cost but contains ads, e.g., Tubi, Pluto TV, Hulu, The Roku Channel, and Peacock.
- Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD): Content is accessed through multiple transaction modes, e.g., Google Play, Vimeo, and iTunes.
- Multi-Channel Video Programming Distributors (MVPDs): Content is purchased across two versions as steaming or broadcast, e,g; Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, FuboTV, and PlayStation Vue.
- Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD): Ad-free content is viewed after subscription, e.g., Netflix or HBO Max.
OTT and OLV
There’s a common perception that OTT is the same as OLV, whereas it’s false to some extent. OLV, or Online Video Advertising, is a generalized term for video ads displayed on an online video platform, such as Youtube. On the other hand, OTT is premium content displayed on demand and contains unskippable ads.
If a video ad is generalized, user-generated, and unskippable, it doesn’t comply with a CTV or OTT ad. Hence, OLV ads can’t be stretched alongside OTT advertising inventory!
OTT Platform Meaning
OTT Platforms are online streaming services providing users with premium content on demand. Here’s a brief breakdown of the best OTT advertising platforms in 2022 and onwards:
- Hulu: With ad-free and ad-based subscriptions, Hulu is famous for its additional benefits of add-on bundles.
- Netflix: One of the largest OTT streaming platforms is Netflix, with more than 16,000 titles from various media outlets.
- Amazon Prime Video: With diverse content forms such as subscription-based, rental-based, or purchased content, Amazon Prime Video is a leader for all the right reasons.
- Disney Plus: Disney+ is a crowd favorite, as it’s the hub of high-ranking media outlets such as Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.
- HBO Max: HBO Max is another cost-worthy deal to stream content owned by WarnerMedia. It also comes with both ad-based and ad-free versions.
- ESPN: + ESPN+ is dedicated to serving sports fans across the globe. Its live video streaming features differentiate it from other OTT counterparts. You can also purchase an ESPN+ subscription and a bundle offer from Disney Plus.
- Peacock: NBCUniversal’s Peacock is a video content library offering exciting shows from NBC. You can cherish it now for free but don’t forget to upgrade to a paid version to access a tremendous collection of Peacock originals.
What Is CTV Advertising?
What is CTV advertising? Any multimedia-supported device can be viewed as CTV to stream video content. Thus, any device streaming video content through the Internet is the source of CTV Advertising.CTV advertising displays ads on such devices to engage with the target audience for marketing campaigns. Hence, the TV commercials you view on your smart devices daily are Connected TV ads!
CTV advertising is not about generous budgets or complex ad campaigns. It gathers equal benefits for both big and small brands. These benefits are viewed as follows:
- Outreach: The target audience is segmented to gain maximum outreach. The capacity to retarget is another bonafide advantage.
- Quality of Ads: CTV advertising ensures the premium quality of ads, from HD display to sound and brand-promoting keywords.
- Real-time Metrics: Real-time metrics such as direct responses on social media posts, conversion rate, website visits, clicks, cost per completed view, etc., are tracked and effectively utilized to maintain the growth rate. Video completion rate is another measure to check the viewability of video ads.
- Cost Effectiveness: CTV has variably decreased the cost per impression as multiple views are gained through a single CTV device. Moreover, brand owners and marketers can customize their CTV campaign based on individual goals, mimicking the cost of a full-width campaign.
- Response-Driven Audiences: With increased audience controls over video streaming allow brands to target during primetime hours. A response-driven audience maintains a positive interaction with your brand within no time.
Connected TV examples include Smart TVs, Roku Streaming Sticks, Smart DVD players, PS 5, Apple TV, etc. CTV advertising examples are Interactive Ads (action generating), Live streaming Ads, OLV Ads, etc.
Are you interested to learn how Keynes Digital can help you with your CTV advertising? Contact us today to discuss your needs and develop a custom CTV advertising plan that meets your goals.