What is CTV Agency?
Connected TV advertising has gone through an impeccable evolution for the last five years. The continuous sustainability of the inclining growth chart is accredited to the service of a CTV agency, like Keynes Digital.
A CTV agency is the regulating body behind the most successful brand advertising campaigns. From tracking growth analytics to extracting future ad policies and sustaining the creativity of a TV commercial, CTV advertising companies have got you sorted out.
CTV Agencies – Achieving Million Views Milestones
The horizon of CTV advertising is so broad that one has to master maximum tactics to maintain a consistent viewer count of millions. Here’s how a CTV agency helps you achieve it:
- Targeting cord-cutters who won’t be reached through conventional means of linear advertising. CTV ensures to target the right age groups required for your brand.
- Connected TV ads are smart enough to catch your viewers’ interaction on the right Connected TV devices at the right time.
- You can display individualized ads through the same app, device, or video streaming with CTV advertising.
- CTV advertising is all about custom-curated brand slogans and goals embedded in the TV commercials viewed by their ultimate target audience.
Keynes Digital – Your Full Service CTV Agency
At Keynes, we deal in customized advertising campaigns for every brand. Our specialty is curating your goals and incentives into real-time ad campaigns.
Keynes leaves no stone unturned, from tracking your brand’s growth stats, organizing new campaigns, measuring metrics, and incorporating existing succeeding points for future betterment.
What Is Connected TV?
Connected TV Definition
Any device connected to an internet service directly or indirectly hosting a variety of CTV channels is a CTV. Gaming consoles, smart TV, smartphones, etc., are classical examples of CTV devices.
CTV is the evolved version of a linear TV that requires a cable or satellite connection and hosts pre-casted entertainment programs only. With CTV, you can browse any channel or OTT of your choice without disruption!
CTV platforms are Connected TV devices with an embedded internet:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
Growth of CTV
The inception of the CTV era has taken the video-streaming world by storm with its ecstatic growth over the last few years. It’s almost everywhere and is used by almost everyone in the current aura of digital drift.
Two years back, the audience count was somewhere around 164 million views. And by the end of 2022, it has already surpassed 200 million views in the US. Similarly, the victorious growth of CTV usage is followed in the same manner in France, Germany, China, Japan, etc.
Moreover, the revised users’ controls over CTV content streaming have opened a new universe of possibilities for marketers. Viewers possess the autonomy of choice in content consumption, whether streaming assets or TV commercials.
CTV vs OTT
What is CTV? CTV is a device with an internet connection to host OTT platforms.
What is OTT? OTT or Over The Top is the premium content displayed over a CTV.
The two terms are often correlated, yet they’re distinct in some ways while identical in others. Let’s find out more about OTT vs CTV facts are split below:
- OTT is the streaming service, while CTV is a streaming device.
- OTT can be any premium streaming network platform such as Hulu, Netflix, Peacock, HBO Max, Disney+. In contrast, CTV can be any smart device such as Smart TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, Roku, Xbox, etc.
- OTT advertising involves posting ads before, after, or during video streaming. On the contrary, CTV advertising is all about ads posted on different apps used by the target audience.
In a nutshell, CTV is a TV ad-supporting technology, and OTT is software with content streaming hosts!
Benefits of OTT/CTV
- Most ads gain full viewership till the end with 100% viewability
- Ads can be displayed on your brand’s demand in your chosen time frame to a specific audience
- Have a higher efficacy in reaching cord-cutters who’re avoiding conventional means of content viewership
- Maximum outreach while targeting the required age groups (Millennials, Gen Z, Gen X)
- Quantitatively measurable (Track your consumers’ insights across various platforms)
- Maximum output of your marketing investment
Over The Top content or premium video streaming is hosted entirely on Connected TV devices. Almost all OTT services require a paid subscription to view premium content.
A CTV agency handles Connected TV ads display through CTV devices and its trackable outcomes, the same as an OTT agency does. Thus, CTV advertising agency or OTT agency are interchangeable terms. For instance, Keynes is a fully functional CTV or OTT marketing agency having a knack for designing and running innovative ad campaigns for most media platforms.
How OTT Marketing Works?
Over the top marketing works through four important channels tackled by any promising OTT agency or CTV agency. These are:
- Advertising-Based Video On Demand (AVOD): Content is viewed free of cost but contains ads, e.g., Tubi, Pluto TV, Hulu, The Roku Channel and Peacock.
- Transactional Video On Demand (TVOD): Content is accessed through multiple transaction modes, e.g., Google Play, Vimeo, and iTunes.
- Multi-Channel Video Programming Distributors (MVPDs): Content is purchased across two versions as steaming or broadcast, e,g; Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, fuboTV and PlayStation Vue.
- Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD): Ad-free content is viewed after subscription, e.g., Netflix or HBO Max.
OTT and OLV
There’s a common perception that OTT is the same as OLV, whereas it’s false to some extent. OLV, or Online Video Advertising, is a generalized term for any video ads displayed online. On the other hand, OTT is premium content displayed on demand and contains unskippable ads.
If a certain video ad is generalized, user-generated, and unskippable, it doesn’t comply with a CTV or OTT ad. Hence, OLV ads can’t be stretched alongside OTT advertising inventory!
OTT Platform Meaning
OTT Platforms are online streaming service that provides users with the premium content on demand.
Here’s a brief breakdown of the best OTT advertising platforms in 2022 and onwards:
With both ad-free and ad-based subscriptions, Hulu is popular for its additional benefits of add-on bundles.
One of the largest OTT streaming platforms is Netflix, with more than 16,000 titles from various media outlets.
3. Amazon Prime Video
With diverse content forms such as subscription-based, rental-based, or purchased content, Amazon Prime Video is leading for all the right reasons.
Disney+ is everyone’s favorite, as it’s the hub of high-ranking media outlets such as Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.
5. HBO Max
HBO Max is another cost-worthy deal to stream content owned by WarnerMedia. It also comes with both ad-based and ad-free versions.
ESPN+ is dedicated to serve sports fans across the globe. Its live video streaming features differentiate it from other OTT counterparts. You can also purchase an ESPN+ subscription and a bundle offer from Disney plus.
NBCUniversal’s Peacock is a video content library offering exciting shows from NBC. You can cherish it now for free of cost but don’t forget to upgrade to a paid version to access a huge collection of Peacock originals.
What Is CTV Advertising?
What is CTV advertising? Any multimedia-supported device can be viewed as CTV to stream video content. Thus, any device streaming video content through the internet is the source of CTV Advertising.
CTV advertising displays ads on such devices to engage with the target audience for marketing campaigns. Hence, the TV commercials you view on your smart devices daily are Connected TV ads!
CTV advertising isn’t about generous budgets or complex ad campaigns. Yet, it gathers equal benefits for both big and small brands. These benefits are viewed as follows:
- Outreach: Target audience is segmented to gain maximum outreach. The capacity to retarget is another bonafide advantage.
- Quality of Ads: CTV advertising ensures the premium quality of ads, from HD display to sound and brand-promoting keywords.
- Real-time Metrics: Real-time metrics such as direct responses on social media posts, conversion rate, website visits, clicks, cost per completed view, etc., are tracked and effectively utilized to maintain the growth rate. Video completion rate is another measure to check the viewability of video ads.
- Cost Effectiveness: CTV has variably decreased the cost per impression as multiple views are gained through a single CTV device. Moreover, brand owners and marketers can customize their CTV campaign based on individual goals, mimicking the cost of a full-width campaign.
- Response-Driven Audiences: With increased audience controls over video streaming allows brands to target during primetime hours. A response-driven audience maintains a positive interaction with your brand within no time.
Connected TV examples are Smart TVs, Roku Streaming Sticks, Smart DVD players, PS 5, Apple TV, etc. CTV advertising examples are Interactive Ads (action generating), Live streaming Ads, OLV Ads, etc.
Running a successful CTV advertising campaign has become a lot clearer with the help of Keynes full service team of industry experts. Contact us now to chat!