TV advertising metrics are done to measure the success rate or progress of an ad campaign. Reach on television can be defined as the number of audiences that had the chance to view an ad in each period. Advertisers have extensive knowledge about the reach of television shows and programs. They use this information to decide the time and place of their ad to be aired.
Linear TV Metrics and Connected TV Analytics
As the use of linear TVs is declining with the advancing time, there will be fewer viewers for ads. It has been estimated that around 7 million Americans cut the cables and removed linear TVs. This resulted in a 13% drop in time spent on linear TV in 2020.
Linear TV ads have other disadvantages as well, for example, they’re not targeted at viewers. On the other hand, most of the population has access to the Internet. This is a big plus point for connected TV analytics.
Despite all these points, it doesn’t mean that linear TV does not provide a higher ROI to advertisers. A linear TV program of high quality may provide you with a higher ROI than an identical CTV program.
Connected TV Benchmarks
Following are the important Connected TV benchmarks that you should focus on to get a successful ad campaign:
- Attracting the attention of your viewer.
- Targeting the selected group of viewers.
- Measuring your ad campaign.
- Providing ads to your viewers in their living rooms.
TV Advertising Effectiveness
With the increase of digital platforms, advertisers’ outlooks have also increased with time. Advertisers now expect similar transparency, time interval, and quality of TV performance metrics and TV commercial ratings.
Generally, there are two types of TV advertising effectiveness:
- Direct response: Direct response means that the viewer opens the website of the ad and downloads the app or purchases the item. Direct response is shown by viewers when they visit the website as soon as they see the ad on TV. This response mainly depends on the TV reach and frequency of the viewers in a specific interval of time.
- Branding: Branding is measured when the viewer visits the web later after viewing the ad on TV. So, the advertiser needs to measure the TV commercial ratings, TV reach calculations, and many more for a successful ad campaign.
Keynes reviews TV commercials and rates them based on Direct Response and Branding. Learn more on the TV Commercial Review page.
Keynes provides you with a full-service team that will help you in saving your time and money. Keynes will provide you with a plan, set your companion, and give you weekly reports. Keynes will give you all the information about your ad campaign.
Keynes has developed a tool for advertisers, the CTV Spec Check, where they can submit their videos and add some information like:
- File size
- Video- bitrate
- Audio- bitrate and many more
This provides a very simple and easy method for advertisers to start their ad campaign at Keynes.